Liverpool vs West Ham: Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – Premier League
Sunday, August 12th, 2018, 10:30 pm
Two sides with much to prove this season collide at Anfield on Sunday 12th August with plenty of new faces ready to take center stage.
Jurgen Klopp faces a season where he will be judge more harshly than ever after forming a side full of gung-ho attitude with a heavy metal style of play to match.
However, as it proved last season, that attitude has a price to pay as it often left his side exposed at the back.
That would have been a nice problem for the Hammers faithful to have had last season as the annual owner protests continued.
That said, smart transfer activity this summer including hiring the hugely experienced Manual Pellegrini has left optimism among West Ham fans and a belief that a return closer to the top of the table is in order.
Seven new signings may take some time bed in though in and a routine and entertaining 3-1 Liverpool win looks a good bet in this one.
1 x 2 Predictions
1 x 2 Odds
One thing all but assured when these two meet is goals.
The last four meetings have seen 18 goals scored at an average of 4.5 per game. However, last season, Liverpool won both home and away fixtures 4-1 to the angst of the West Ham support with 10 goals shared between the two.
Despite being relatively similar to the above bet, at evens it does offer superb value especially as just two goals are needed.
West Ham have strengthened remarkably and although they are often recently on the receiving end of a Liverpool win, they do have a habit of scoring against them in the process of defeat.
So much so that the Hammers have scored in 8 of the pairs last 10 Premier League encounters whilst Liverpool boast exactly the same record.
Head to Head
West Ham’s troubles were clear to see last season as Liverpool struck gold winning both home and away matches 4-1.
Unsurprisingly it was Mohammed Salah who was the stand out performing scoring in both games and contributing 3 of Liverpool’s goals against the Hammers.
However, looking back over the last ten meetings in all competitions, the statistics are surprisingly even.
Four wins for Liverpool, four for West Ham and two draws allowing the Hammers to head to Anfield with some hope.
- Liverpool’s Egyptian centre forward Mohammed Salah won the Premier League golden boot with 32 goals which is also the highest number of goals ever scored in a Premier League 38-game season.
- West Ham conceded more goals on the road than any other team last season. There total of 42 was four worse than the next teams in Leicester City and Stoke City.
- Only champions Manchester City had more shots last season than Liverpool’s 638 (665).
- Liverpool were the only side to go through the whole of last season without losing a game at home.
- West Ham only touched the ball 21,928 which was 8,396 less touches than Liverpool.