British Open 2018 – Carnoustie – Preview, Predictions & Tips
2018 British Open Odds
Top Australian Chances
Jason Day is the obvious choice.
For some excellent value, young Queenslander with the famous name, Cameron Smith (A US tour winner), or World Number 18, Marc Leishman.
The 2018 British Open Golf will play out at the Carnoustie Championship Course for the first time since 2007 and the eighth time in the tournament’s history.
- Can Tiger Woods successfully continue his return from a back injury?
- Will World Number 1 Dustin Johnson prevail?
- Can former British Open Champion Rory Mcllroy continue his resurgence in 2018?
- Will Jordan Spieth defend his title?
- Best bets to win the 2018 British Open?
- Who are the leading Australians?
2018 British Open: The Stats
July 19-22 2018
Carnoustie Championship Course, Scotland United Kingdom
Harry Vardon – 6
|Lowest 72-hole score||
Henrik Stenson – 264 (2016)
|Best 18-hole score||
Branden Grace – 62 (2017)
2018 British Open Preview
After an extremely tough U.S. Open in which no-one finished better than par for the tournament, golf fans can probably expect similar carnage to continue at Carnoustie.
The British Open returns to the Scottish links known for its difficult conditions and the horror 1999 Open where the best score was 6-over-par.
The 2018 winner at “Car-nasty” will need to overcome strong winds and navigate the course’s, deep bunkers, narrow fairways and those fun little burns that gobble up golf balls without mercy or favour.
Who will lift the claret jug this time?
Look for known ‘links’ and ‘wind’ players to perform well such as;
· 2016 Winner Henrik Stenson
· U.S. Open Champion Brooks Koepka
· Defending champion Jordan Spieth
· 2017 US Masters champion Sergio Garcia
· Anyone British such Rory Mcllroy, Ian Poulter or Justin Rose.