Australia v England – Rugby International – Predictions & Odds
by Ken Edwards, 19 November 2018
Australia vs England – 24 November 2018
(Odds as at 19/11/2018 – subject to change)
Twickenham Stadium – London – England – 24/11/2018 – 3.00pm local time
TV; SBS & Fox Sports
It’s been a tough Spring Tour campaign for Michael Cheika’s Wallabies and it doesn’t get any easy this coming weekend at Twickenham where they face former coach Eddie Jones, and his much vaunted and highly favoured England team. Having recently led the World Champion All Blacks until deep into the match and finally succumbing only 16-15, England will be looking to make a statement of intent to the Wallabies ahead of next year’s World Cup in Japan.
All of this come hard on the news that the Wallabies may rest key players from their Super Rugby duties to cut their workloads in the 2019 Rugby World Cup year. It’s further evidence that the administration of Rugby Australia is desperate to find answers to help coach Michael Cheika achieve his goals in transforming this Wallaby side into a winning unit.
Recent Record and Head-to-Head Statistics
- England defeated Australia in the corresponding Spring International last year, 30-6 at Twickenham.
- England won the 3-match series in Australia in 2016 and that year’s Spring International, 37-21.
- Despite England’s recent dominance, the Wallabies have won 25 of the 49 tests between the two countries since 1909, England have won 23, and there has been one drawn test match.
Best Bet & Prediction
We’re predicting that England will have too much power in the scrum for the Wallabies and steam-roll to victory in front of their home crowd at Twickenham.
However, there are some attractive odds available if you fancy a punt on the Wallabies to reverse their recent poor form, or outrageously healthy odds if you believe the two teams can remain unseparated at the end of 80 minutes of pulsating Rugby for a draw.
The best odds on the market;
- Our Prediction – 22Bet’s great odds – $1.34 for an England win
- Long Shot Tip – $20.00 for the draw with 22Bet
- Best Odds for a Wallaby win – $3.50 with Neds